Sunday, September 11, 2011

Amazing Anastasia Ashley - The Aggressive Surfer

 Anastasia Ashley is a hot topic after appearing on Andrew Jenks' hit MTV show, "The World of Jenks".
Ashley is an up-and-coming pro-surfer and aspiring model.
And just as importantly to her, she is a card carrying and proud member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).


Are you nervous how MTV might portray you?
No, not at all. I think their programming is the voice of this generation. The show won’t be like The Hills; it’s all real, no scripts, no shot lists, and definitely no-re takes. I filmed the less-than-glamorous aspects of my life, so hopefully people will see the truth behind what really goes down. I see it as a video diary for my life.
What was that like having a camera crew follow your every move?
It was at first a little awkward having an entourage of about 15 people with you at all times. It made going out to eat kind of a problem. But I would say after the first two days I somewhat forgot about the cameras. And everyone who worked in production was very cool.
Can we expect any classic MTV love drama?
Yes, of course! [laughs] No, it’s just a quick glimpse into my life and the craziness of losing a heat and having to deal with the pressures that can come from the media. And when it airs it will be my first time seeing it.
Between this MTV show and all your modeling/commercial work, do you view yourself as a brand first then a pro surfer?
I never see myself like that, to be honest. I’ve never thought of myself as anything besides a surfer. Some people think I’m trying to portray something else, but I’m just being myself.

But you have a job where you have to fit a certain image, right?
I’m in the position now where my sponsors support me in what I want to do. I don’t like to censor myself, and I feel like there’s no need to be anyone but myself, because at the end of the day, I have to live with myself and I have to be proud of what I do.
How do you find a balance being a pro surfer with everything else?
It’s difficult, but you have sponsor obligations, and you want to make them happy, and sometimes that requires doing interviews and being in the media. It’s not something I go out and actively seek. I’m just lucky enough where I get unique opportunities and I just take what comes to me.
How should people view Anastasia Ashley right now and ten years from now?
Like I said, I’m just being myself. I’m just doing what I want to do and you can love it or hate it. So I want people just to kind of remember me as someone who is independent, strong, and loves surfing.

In Another Interview She Said:

Q: Now you’re a bit of a new face on the scene. For people that don’t who Anastasia Ashley is, why don’t you just give us the scoop.
Anastasia Ashley: Well I’m a Professional Surfer and I’ve been surfing all of my life and I’m looking to become World Champion soon.
Q: So you said you’ve been surfing your whole life, so did you like live on the beach on the beach or how’d that whole thing get started?
Anastasia Ashley: Yeah I lived in actually Hawaii and Southern California. I grew up in Hawaii and then I moved back over to Southern California and so I’ve always been really close to the beach and go to the beach every day and stuff.
Q: So you like to hang out on the beach right?
Anastasia Ashley: Yeah!
Q: Is there anything that you do, like since you’re out in the salt water so much. Is there anything extra that you need to do to take care of your hair and your body?
Anastasia Ashley: Yeah, I mean like I always put sun block on. I’m like a sun block freak I won’t even leave my house without even putting sun block on my face cause I don’t want to get skin cancer and have damaged skin. And also I usually put some type of leave in conditioner in my hair. I have really long hair so it gets tangily easy so I like to keep it not tangled and I always bring a brush with my down to the beach and try to rinse my hair off after I’m out of the water.



Q: What’s it like going to stores and seeing products in which you have an endorsement deal…like Oakley?
Anastasia: It’s cool. It’s even cooler if it’s me in the ads in the stores. It’s good to see.

Q: What’s your average day like?
Anastasia: Right now, I usually get up in the morning, probably around 8 or 9. Then I usually check my email and I check the waves online, too. Then I’ll go down to the beach, and then I either go surfing if there are waves, or go work out at the gym. Then I’ll come back and check email again…I have a phone that checks email [laughs] so I’m constantly checking my email. And then I go out with my friends that night.

Q: That sounds like a pretty cool life.
Anastasia: Yeah. Pretty mellow. A lot of times, too, I go and talk to my sponsors in meetings.

Q: As far as training for surfing, people probably think you just go out and surf. What kind of things do you have to do physically to stay in surfing shape?
Anastasia: I usually do the majority of my training before my contests.

Q: Do you have to take on a wacky diet?
Anastasia: I just try to eat as healthy as I can. No special or weird soft-food diet or something like that. [laughs]

Q: You’re starting to build a name for yourself at such a young age. What’s it like to now be an emerging blip on the celebrity radar?
Anastasia: It’s cool. It definitely has its perks. Obviously, I’ve gotten free stuff for like ten years of my life. Now I’m starting to get really cool free stuff like designer clothes, and shoes, and a lot of stuff that’s not related to surfing. It’s cool. A lot of people respect me and the stuff that I do.



Q: You have a lot of younger people, including non-surfers, who look up to you as a role model.
Anastasia: I definitely want to be a role model. There definitely needs to be more positive role models, instead of somebody who is a bad role model that young people shouldn’t look up to.

Q: Whenever you do get spare time, what type of things do you like to do?
Anastasia: I like hanging out with my friends. I like to go shopping, go to the movies, just do normal stuff, go to the beach, hang out with my boyfriend. Pretty much anything a normal 19-year-old girl would like to do.

Q: Is it hard to now be a typical 19-year-old? Do people stop and talk to you all the time?
Anastasia: A lot of times I get recognized in beach towns, but it’s been more recently that I get recognized in regular places like the mall and stuff like that. Overall, I’ve been very normal and I don’t think of myself as better than anyone or anything, by any sense. It’s not hard for me to say that I’m a 19-year-old girl.

Q: That’s great that you’ve been able to have a great time, achieve at a high level in your sport, and still have time to be normal.
Anastasia: Yeah. I mean, before I’ve had people say negative things to me before, but for the most part, it’s mostly positive.

Q: They have jealousy issues?
Anastasia: Yeah. I just think a lot of people might be jealous or they might have their opinions of me.



Q: That has to be a bit of a downer.
Anastasia: There are so many people who are positive to me so it doesn’t matter.

Q: You’ve been nominated as one of PETA’s “World’s Sexiest Vegetarians.” This might be something that puts you into the limelight as a sex icon. What’s that like?
Anastasia: It’s really flattering. I don’t necessarily think of myself as a sexual icon by any means, but I think it’s cool. Pamela Anderson has also been nominated and she’s a very pretty woman—one of the most famous in the world. And it’s really cool.

Q: You mentioned you have a boyfriend; do you still get approached by guys a lot when you go out?
Anastasia: I don’t really go out as much as I used to, so I don’t really get approached. I’m usually with my boyfriend when I go out, so I don’t think people are really going [laughs] to come up to me when I have a man next to me.

Q: Do guy and girl surfers try to pick each other up with pick-up lines that involve wetsuits?
Anastasia: No. [laughs] The year before, I never would really get approached by guys in the water, because I think a lot of guys were kind of scared by me when I was surfing. I never had been approached like that.

Q: Why do you think they were scared of you?
Anastasia: I don’t know. I think they might have seen me surf. A lot of times, girls who aren’t that good at surfing—they’re not that aggressive and I’m very aggressive when I surf. I’m not just sitting there letting them take all my waves. And if I take their waves they get mad. So after all that, they’re probably not going to want to try to pick me up.

Q: Is there a friendly competition between male and female surfers?
Anastasia: Sometimes. I used to when I was younger. When I see guys, like my friends out surfing, I definitely try to kind of compete with them. Like, try to do the best turn or try to do an air or something. It’s not like we’re out there seriously competing, it’s like fun and games. I don’t know if most people out there compete with guys and girls. I think it’s more of a guy thing.




























You may also like this Sportswoman : Sexy Olympian model | The Bravest surfer in the world

SponsoredTweets referral badge

Join me on the New Digg

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INTERESTING STORIES
Follow verseilie on Twitter
Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this? Want to add something?